Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sending Blessings to Heaven

In case you are new here, I lost my dad in February.  It was a really hard day and so far the months to follow it have not been much better.  I miss him.  I want to talk to him.  I want to hug him.  I want to hear his voice.

A while back, after he died, Emma Kate would tell me how much she missed him.  I told her that even though he was no longer here physically, we could still talk to him just like we talk to Jesus when we are praying.

This morning, she really melted my heart.  I was just sitting with her at breakfast and there are definitely days that are worse than others.  Sometimes just moments that are worse than others.  I was having one of those moments.  I looked at her and said,  "I wish I could talk to my daddy!"  She looked back at me with the most beautiful, glowing blue eyes and said, "Mommy, you can.  All you have to do is look up and talk to him like you talk to Jesus."  




What a blessing that little girl has been to me! I thank God every day for her.  We both started talking to him and she told him about her new light up shoes she is so excited about.  I told him how much I missed him.  She told him that she got a new Hippo Berry Sanitizer that she is so proud of.  She also told him that she made her water all.by.herself!  She blew him kisses and even blew a hug!  I did too because it just felt so right.

It was so refreshing to have that moment this morning.  I may miss my dad more than I can even explain, but it sure is nice to know that I can talk to him and that I have even my 4 year old daughter here to support me and help me through this.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

No comments: