We have been gearing up for the new school year and in doing so, I have been reviewing the alphabet with Emma Kate and introducing it to Emelia.
To start out with, we went to the letter "A". I wrote out the letter on our chalkboard and then we talked about different things that started "A" sound. Emma Kate named alligator and apple.
I am trying to incorporate some sort of art material with the letter, so for that particular week, we had the letter "A" that I had drawn beforehand. I had cut small squares out of construction paper. I put glue onto the letter and had both girls smear in the glue. Once the glue was covered onto the letter, the girls were able to stick the square pieces of paper onto the letter.
Then, we moved on to "B" on another week. We talked about butterflies and balls. We took playdough and rolled it into the letter "B" so that the girls can get used to getting their hands messy and trying out different forms of art.
Emma Kate does not like to get messy. Does your preschooler mind this? How do you get them to try new things?
Movie Review: You, Me & Tuscany
4 months ago














No comments:
Post a Comment