Tuesday, September 17, 2013

4 Year Old Preschool!

When I was typing the subject of this post, I had to really think about what I was doing.  I cannot believe that my baby is in 4 year old preschool!  Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with her.

She seems to really be loving it though.  I am so proud of her.  She will walk right into her class, hands her teacher her bookbag and then she sits in her seat.  She's growing up!



She does have homework daily.  I can see a big difference in things that she started to learn last year and how she is really grasping those things this year.  

On the way to school the other day, we were looking for her letter of the week on signs and billboards.  She thought that was pretty fun.  Her class is still small this year, so this mama was really happy about that.  I love the idea of each student being focused on and each one being able to learn on their own developmental level without hindering the education of others.





Emelia has started to adjust a little more to big sissy being gone in the mornings, but the first week or so she would continue to ask about her and would say, "Mil-mil school too."  It was so sweet, but sad too.  It made me feel guilty that I hadn't let her start preschool yet, but I wanted to give her some alone with my mom and Jerry's parents like Emma Kate had.  


It will be interesting to see how everything goes this last year of preschool before we start "big" school next year.   I dont even want to think about that just yet and am going to try to soak in every last minute of this preschool age just a little longer!


No comments: