Thursday, April 25, 2013

Swingin Into Busy Mode

Let us focus our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God - Hebrews 12:2


Dont you just love it when you think that everything is kind of getting into a routine and then, just like that, out of the blue, it all gets super BUSY and CRAZY.  I do understand that I am supposed to have some changes in my life and things aren't always going to go as planned, but lately, I think I have been trying to juggle one too many hats.  I have just felt very overwhelmed.

They LOVE to swing!
Last week, Emelia woke up on Tuesday morning with a terrible stomach bug .  The poor thing just looked extremely pale, was very sleepy, couldn't hold a thing down and just wanted her mama.  Those are the times that make being a working mommy a hard-to-do thing.  I wanted to just sit in a chair and hold her and make her all better, but instead, I had to drop her off with my in-laws (my mother-in-law ended up sick) and make the day go as quickly as possible so that I could return to my sick baby.


Big sister pushing baby sister (after the virus was gone)

By Wednesday afternoon, Emma Kate ended up getting sick as well.  It was just pitiful.  If you know my girls, you know that they are very active.  Unless they are really tired or hungry, there isn't much that slows them down.  This virus definitely put a quick change in our plans. 


We had to miss Emma Kate's Silent Auction/ Spaghetti Dinner that her preschool held.  We were still able to get our plates to go, but the girls had to miss out on one of their most favorite meals.

Although I am overwhelmed, I want to be doing most of what I am doing.  The stomach virus is not what made me become overwhelmed, it just slowed down the normal house chores (sweeping, dusting, mopping, etc).  I did get somewhat caught up, just to be ready to start all over.  The positive is that I actually kept up with laundry because I was forced to!  Ha!

I know that everything will slow down again.  I just need to learn to take deep breaths and not get so worked up about it all!  I will continue to be a hard-working mommy, a good wife,  work, teach in the church preschool, work in the church resource room,  have my Scentsy parties and just learn to sometimes say NO....or will I?


Stay tuned to hear about the Ladies 80's Night!!

No comments: