Monday, April 15, 2013

Not An Accident

If you have been following along, you know that we have started reading a book at my church.  The Purpose Driven Life - What on Earth Am I Here For?

Day 2 is titled "You are not an Accident".  In church on Sunday, we talked about how God has plans for us.  God created us and knew all of those plans before we were even born.  Therefore, no matter the sins we have commited.  No matter the baggage we carry.  No matter the horrible thoughts we have running through our heads or things we have said or done.  God still has a plan for us.  He will not give up on us nor will he hold that against us.




I am your Creator.  You were in my care even before you were born. - Isaiah 44:2

 Our pastor said to us, "Your parents may not have planned for you, but God did."   God never does anything accidentally and he never makes mistakes.  I know that this is hard to swallow at times.  Trust me.  I didnt understand why my dad died.  I still dont understand, but I know that God has plans for me.



Back when we were trying to get pregnant with Emma Kate, it seemed like it took forever, but I know that God's timing was planned perfectly.  Then, when we decided we would try to get pregnant to have Emelia, I was so amazed at how easily, how quickly it happened.   Again, this was all God's timing because nothing is an accident.  

So, put all your struggles to the side.  Do not stress over your insecurities.  Place your life in God's hands.  Afterall, you are not an accident.  He knows the plans He has for you.

Everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him.  -  Colossians 1:16 

No comments: