We had such a wonderful Easter. That morning, after Emelia woke up, we woke her sister up. I'm not big into waking the little ones up unless you have to, and I taught Sunday School on Easter morning, so I did have to get everything started. We do discuss the Easter bunny in our house. It's not a huge deal, but I was taught about Santa and the Easter bunny, so I feel like as long as your children know the true meaning of Christmas and Easter, it's ok.
These little girls are so blessed. They got their Easter baskets which included an outfit for each, some candy, playdoh and a mirror for their dress-up area in their playroom. It was also Jerry's birthday, so we gave him his grilling-out themed gifts. He got a BBQ rib/ chicken roaster that goes on top of the grill, flip flops, BBQ sauce mop, mesh door for the shop, lunch tote and tervis handle.
We had such a busy and fun-filled day! First we had church. Then we had lunch at my moms house with an Easter egg hunt that followed. After that, we went to visit my dad's grave. It was so precious. I definitely shed a few tears because Emma Kate was asking questions about why people were buried in the ground (we didn't have her at the funeral for fear of terrifying her). She walked over and picked a flower and placed it on his marker. Such a sweet, sweet child we have.
To finish the day off, we went out to California Dreaming for Jerry's birthday. That was fun! Emelia was completely worn out by this time because she didn't get a real nap all day, but we had such a fun time.














No comments:
Post a Comment