Monday, December 10, 2012

Birthday Blues

On December 6th, I turned another year older. I cannot believe I'm 33 years old. There are times when I feel so old and other times I still feel young! This birthday was a little different this year.

My mom called to tell me happy birthday. My maw maw who is actually not my grandmother, but my cousins grandmother and a mother-in-law to my moms sister and brother has been sick. She has had cancer and has gradually gotten worse over the last few months. I had asked my mom about her and she knew that she was worsening quickly. My mom called me back shortly after to tell me that she had passed. Maw maw was graciously living with our God! She was reunited with her husband and her best friend, my nana. I know that they were all celebrating that day!

To know that she was put to peace and without pain has gotten me through this. She was a special woman who kept me as a child and taught me so much! I may not be able to call her when I get sick like I used to, but this is all definitely helping to strengthen my relationship with God! I am realizing more and more how I need to rely on Him and only Him.

" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: