Monday, November 12, 2012

Busy Little Bees

Emelia is such a busy little girl.  She cracks me up.  She will walk into the room while I am doing laundry (folding clothes).  She begins to help me and starts pulling every single piece of clothing out of the clothes basket.  It's funny because she will walk over to me and hand me different pieces of clothing.  I cant help but laugh because she is just so stinking cute.



Emma Kate even notices.  She says, "Mommy, what is Emelia doing?"  I tell her,  "I dont know.  I think she is helping mommy."  Emma Kate says,  "Well, she is so stinking cute."



Emma Kate has gotten used to cleaning up on her own in school and has actually started helping out without throwing a temper tantrum.  It wasnt that she couldnt do it before, but now she is more willing because she has finally figured out (by being in preschool) that other kids are made to clean up the messes that they make too.



Emelia will try to clean up her messes.  She has learned how to open drawers and cabinets.  The other day, I finally decided that I would just let her hold what it was she was trying to get.  I looked up and noticed that she had the sauce brush.  She looked over at me to see if I was watching her and once she realized I was, she began walking really fast (she is trying to run) in the opposite direction so that I wouldnt take it from her.  After she was done playing with it, she walked back over to the drawer to put it back in place.  I put it in the dishwasher when she wasnt looking, but it's nice to see that she is trying to clean up her own mess and realizes where things go.




I love my busy little bees and I love that they are starting to help mommy!  It's been nice to have a day off of work so that I could spend some time with them.

No comments: