Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spinach and Egg White Omelete

Since I have been running, I have also been trying to eat a bit healthier. That is hard for me. I am a junk-food-junkie which I guess explains why my 3 year old likes junk. Emelia seems to be a bit more of a healthy eater, so here is to trying, at least! I like my diet coke and cheese its and pizza and chocolate...well, lets steer away from the junk-food talk before I go on some binge and start talking about healthy stuff again.


I found this recipe over at Eat Yourself Skinny.


I am not a huge fan of eggs. I don't like the way they smell. I am not a fan of how they taste and honestly my nana used to put ketchup on my eggs just to get me to eat them. I do like this omelete though.

3 egg whites
Handful of spinach (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup onion
4 or 5 grape tomatoes
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and saute your chopped onion for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent.




Add your spinach and saute until just wilted.






Place spinach-onion mixture in a small glass dish (or you can use a small skillet) and crack 3 egg whites over top.






Season with a bit of salt and pepper, add sliced tomatoes and bake in oven for 17 minutes.






I have found that I had to bake a little longer for it to be the right consistency for me.


No comments: