Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gaining Control

Lately, I have felt pretty frazzled.  So much always seems to get out of hand.  I make my neat and organized folders with my daily "to-do" lists and then at the end of the day, all I want to do is sit down and cry because maybe only half of the list was even scratched off.  It's quite pathetic at times.  I get frustrated with myself so easily.  I hate having a type-A personality.  I don't know why I must insist on everything always being perfect.......and there you go.  Life isn't perfect.  Life is not in my control.  My life should be controlled by God and I find that is the hardest thing for me to let go of, but daily I am trying to "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you" (1 Peter 5:7).

Silly, but trying to express my emotions, ha!



After purchasing Unglued, I talked with some of the ladies of my Women's Ministry at church and asked if we could do a bible study on it.  The bible study started, but my life was still busy.  Trying to train for a race in October and trying to be a good, fun mommy to two beautiful girls and trying to be a loving, caring wife.  Life was happening and the bible study was getting harder and harder to attend.  Then, I stumbled upon an online bible study, led by Melissa Taylor  who has been speaking and writing for Proverbs 31 Ministries for ten years.  She is fun and not afraid to talk about things honestly.  If you are looking for a bible study and need something that falls into your current schedule, try this.  I don't think you will regret it.

You may not gain control of your life, but maybe God will.


Hebrews 12:1b
… let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Here is just a glimpse at one of her questions:
To run the race that God has set before us, we must also strip off the excess weight that slows us down. How can we do that?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I really appreciated your openness and honesty.

Melissa Taylor said...

Jenn,

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing the Online Bible Study on your blog and for participating in the blog hop! I loved your post!

Ruth in London UK said...

Thank you for sharing, Jenn. I too appreciate the opportunity to do this study online. Circumstances here would make it impossible to do 'on the ground'. May the Lord bless you as you study at home with us all.

Sonja said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am just in love with this study.

I laughed out loud at the picture in this post haha! Pretty much how I feel!

Good luck on your running! xo