Emma Kate had a big smile on her face, but she is not used to ME waking HER up. I got up much earlier than I normally do so that I could be a productive mommy and get everything done to make a smooth transition. I had read in Emma Kate's preschool notes that were sent home after Open House that if a preschooler feels rushed in the mornings, it can be stressful for them. I wanted her to have a good day and really enjoy school.
We got her dressed in her new apple shirt and jean skirt and cute red shoes, grabbed all of our things and piled into the car. I dropped Emelia off at Mimi and Papa's house and then we headed to school!
We got there a little early, so we sat in the car and took a few fun pictures. Once it was time to take her in (and boy was she ready and super excited to get in), she firmly grabbed my hand and marched her sweet self right into the school doors.
I took a few pictures of her outside of her classroom and then we went into her room. She saw her teacher and her classroom (which we had visited during Open House). We walked over to her cubby and she hung up her bookbag. I have her a big hug and kiss and told her that mommy needed to go to work. She said, "Ok" and grabbed her teacher's hand and they walked over to read a book. She never even looked back! I am so proud of my big girl. Although it was a sad day for mommy (I did not shed a tear though), it was a happy day too!
Emma Kate made new friends and got a great remark and happy face on her homework folder. We are off to do homework now! We will be back soon for more updates!
PS. Our new "family member" Piggy was waiting in the car for her when she was picked up from school! Fun!














1 comment:
Emma Kate is so cute! I love her first day of school outfit! It's funny, I did the same thing for my Emma, got up extra early to get things ready for her first day! Hope I can keep it up!
Post a Comment