Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Scatter Brained!

I am a working mom. I have two VERY busy children. One is 9 months old and one is 3 and 1/2 years old. I am a wife. These are all the things that I have always dreamed of. I wanted to have a good career and a fabulous husband and a nice house and sweet babies to raise. I never really realized how hard that job is. Those jobs.



When I was growing up (and even now), I always knew I could call my mom and she would help me with whatever I was doing. I want to be that mom. I want to be that wife. I want to be that friend. How ever did she do it? The house was always clean, we had good food, our clothes were washed and folded and hung up (and even ironed???). I never feel like I can even keep up with the laundry, much less have time to fold and hang up and iron. My nana had 5 kids? How did these women make these things happen?





I am constantly feeling like I start something and can never finish. Whether I am washing bottles, fixing meals, cleaning the house, going to the bathroom - it always gets interrupted. Emma Kate will ask for "fresh water - with ice and water" and Emelia will grab something (like my candle that she broke last week) that I have to take away from her. Some days I wish I could cut myself in half and send Jennifer #1 to clean the house and Jennifer #2 to work. Then I could play with the girls all afternoon once I got done working.





Why cant I just win the lottery and stay home with my babies and hire someone to clean everything. I guess that would just make me lazy. I am really just hoping to find that happy-medium. I know, looking back, my children wont really remember that the house was a mess or that I stopped painting the bow holder so many times that it never even got finished being made. I do know those things. I just want to feel more "together".


Do you feel together? How do you make it work?



No comments: