Friday, February 10, 2012

Three's

After I decided to post about something that has been on my mind, I realized that I havent posted about Emma Kate's third birthday. I will get to that and the 2 month stats that I promised as well. I am getting back into the groove of things, it is just taking me some time.





I have heard of the terrible two's, but the terrible three's I didnt realize existed. Emma Kate is a very stubborn little girl. She is high strung, strong willed and smart. That will one day make for a great combination, but for now I am having some trouble figuring out the ways to discipline her without feeling like that is all that I do. The two's were hard because for the first time in her life, she would tell me "no" and actually mean it. The three's are hard because she is manipulative about it. Who knew that a three year old would be able to conquer so much in a day?



But then I start to think about my own struggles. We all struggle with something. Sin is a hard thing to pass up. It's right there, dangling in front of our faces. There are two choices - do I do it or don't I? Most of the time before we "do it" we don't even realize that we made the wrong choice. The easy way out is just to do it, go for it. That doesn't make it right and doesn't make me feel any better, but it is easy to do. I realize that I test my Father on numerous occasions and He probably gets disappointed in me often. That alone, helps me to realize how much I am loved by Him because I know how much I love Emma Kate and no matter how hard my days are with her, I don't give up on her. I know that our heavenly Father does not give up on me and I am so thankful for that. How do I deserve such a love?





I went back to my church notebook - yes, I am a dork and I take notes in church. I was reading from last year on February 6th (the day before I found out I was pregnant with Emelia) where confession leads to restoration. We should never let sin build up and build up, we should live life of constant confessing. So, I am going to work on it and work on asking for guidance in parenting. Meanwhile, I am going to love my girls to pieces and hope for the right choices to be presented. I know that there are going to be struggles, but I am willing to take the good with the bad.




Psalm 66:18 If I hold on to sin, the Lord will not hear me.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I am a Mom of two girls also. One will be six and one will be two in May. My six year old sounds just like your oldest daughter. The 3s were rough. I would find myself telling people, she is going to make a great adult it is just going to be tough getting her there. Things are so much better and all of those characteristics are such strengths for her now. The 5s have been fabulous!