Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Emma Kate, Daddy and Mommy are all on the way to find a pumpkin! We are so excited!







Well, we were going to go to a REAL pumpkin patch, but it looked like it was going to rain, possibly, so we decided to go to the Farmer's Market instead. The Farmer's Market was also having a flower festival, so it was a lot of fun. When we got there, Emma Kate saw this huge pumpkin and I think she and I were both amazed at how big it actually was. Then, we walked around the pumpkin patch area. It was so sweet. She looked and looked for her favorite pumpkin and picked out this really small one. We ended up getting two little ones and a big one. She was excited!





We got to try some BBQ from a local and got some freshly squeezed lemonade to drink while we walked around. There were pretty flowers, mums, and all sorts of cute little places set up to sell stuff. Emma Kate enjoyed looking at the yard flags with me and kind of got tickled at this turkey one. It was hilarious. She is going to be silly, just like her daddy.







We ended up running into a friend of ours and her son, Patrick. He looked at Emma Kate and said, "I got a pumpkin." And she looked back at him and said, "I got a pumpkin, too."






She had so much fun that she actually cried when we were leaving. I think that was also partly because it was past nap time. We got home, put out the pumpkins and took naps. Such a nice day! We sure cant wait to meet our other little pumpkin in just a few short days!



2 comments:

Leanne said...

Almost "go" time! Unless, of course, she's already here! Thinking of you and your soon to be family of four!!! I can't wait to hear the news!

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

Jenn,

I wasn't sure if my response back to you sent, and I didn't have your email address so I thought I would comment back, hoping you get my message :)

First of all.. Congrats on the baby! Can't wait to see her and hear about everything. Brynley was (and still is) a slow eater, even with her bottle. I would let her nurse 15-20 min each side and then pump the rest. Luckily my husband has been a huge help to let me pump because I too was worried about the time between feedings and didn't want to confuse my breasts into making so much.

Right now I pump 20 min and can pump 5 oz each side. Sometimes I make more milk (or the flow is faster) and it only takes 10 min to make 5 oz. Depends on the time of day, usually the early morning pump sessions or morning I have more milk. I think you are still fine to pump even if it's been an hour. Right now I am mostly pumping and bottle feeding, but still try to get her to nurse. I have gotten lazy about offering the breast, because she is fussy at her 8 am feeding, then falls asleep so much for her 2 and 5 feedings.

How is your little girl handling the new baby? Anyways, good luck with everything and congrats again :) Hope you are getting SOME sleep at least!

Laura
laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com