Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Meet our Little Pumpkin








Well guys, we have a new addition to our family! Baby Emelia Klaire! She was welcomed into the world on October 13th, 2011 at 4:28pm. She weighed 6.11 and was 19 inches long.






It has taken me a while to update. Mostly that is because life with a newborn baby and a toddler is the busiest life I have ever known. Every time that I sit down to write a blog, the baby cries or Emma Kate needs help with something. So, here were are.

I was induced on my due date which was also my grandma's birthday. Yep, we like to have babies on peoples birthdays. It seemed like it took forever and the contractions were terrible the first time, but it seemed like they lasted forever this time. I went into the hospital at 6am and had to start my IV. The nurse that I had was new. This was not good for me. She blew out my vein twice and then another nurse tried and she also blew out my vein. The charge nurse had to come in and attempt and finally, the forth attempt worked. I was there at an odd time because I ended up having a nurse for about 45 minutes that was about to end her shift. Then I had a new nurse, a nurse that had to leave early so that she wouldnt get more hours than 40 in the week. Then I had another nurse who had to leave for her lunch hour, so I ended up with another one. Altogether I ended up with about 5-6 nurses. What a tiring day! It seemed like it took me forever to dilate. Once I finally did, it really took off and it was time to push. I started pushing at 4:15 and then I had Emelia at 4:28! I just cannot believe it!



Emma Kate came to the hospital that night to meet her new sister and just loves her to pieces. We are working on being gentle when touching the baby and just trying to find a routine.



I am nursing and it is working this time. For those of you that have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I had a very hard time nursing the first time. Its working, but we have a very fussy girl and its hard to tell when she is hungry or just fussing.






I will update more as time permits, but this is our life as of now. We are super blessed and trying to find a new normal.

5 comments:

The Steens said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful! I hope your feeling well:)

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

Congrats again! She's beautiful and I promise it gets better and you find a routine with 2. Definitely hard with two and my husband and I always laugh and think "what did we do with our time with just ONE!" hope pumping is working for u!

Jenifer said...

YAY, I love the name! Have fun!

Leanne said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! I hope all is going well!

SB said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! She is so adorable and I love her name!!