Well, we had an appointment today for our 39 week mark. The baby has really slowed down her movement and I felt like it was probably because she has gotten bigger and is running out of room. The doctor was a little bit concerned, so she hooked me up to the monitor for about an hour. She said that she thought that the movement looked good, but also wanted to check to see if the head was face up or face down, so they sent me in for an ultrasound as well. The ultrasound tech said that she felt like the light movement was, indeed, because the baby was running out of room and the movement that she did have (which was minimal) did look good. She stuck her hand up at me and it actually kind of looked like she waved. It was sweet.

After all the draining first part of the appointment, I went in to talk with the OB Nurse. We decided that if our sweet girl has not made her appearance by Wednesday on her own, we are going to induce on October 13th, which is my due date. I was very nervous with this decision, but I feel like it is the best one for us. Please pray that we have made the right decision and that God will be able to lead us through a safe and healthy labor and delivery.

We are going to try and spend the last week (if that long) that we have left with our little muffin and make the best of it! We have lots of things planned for her, so stay tuned for more pictures of our adventurous activities :)
3 comments:
So fun! Enjoy your last week. And good luck.
Hey Jenn!
Sorry that I haven't commented lately. As you can imagine, things have been a little crazier than usual, but we are settling into a better routine. Ryder is used to his new sister and isn't demanding so much attention and I am able to function now that we seem to get Brynley on a 3 hour routine for feeding. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in the coming days and you look so cute! Not much longer to go! I know that you have made the right decision, and as you know, I struggled with the induction decision too, but it all worked out perfectly.
Have a great weekend enjoying that sweet little girl before the baby arrives!
Laura
laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com
Good Luck! Can't wait to see some pictures.
Post a Comment