curtop loving or caring for her sister, but instead, began showing out. Our sweet Emma Kate turned into a little monster. This mommy tried to make the best of it, so we did a reward chart and that really helped. Every time she did something good, she got a happy face on her chart which allowed her to pick from the treat basket. It really worked and we have phased it out and have our sweet girl back.
These few weeks have been tough. We were nursing for what seemed like every hour of the day. After several trips to the lactation consultant, it was determined that finally on day 18 Emelia was back up to birth weight. She was only getting 1 oz of milk after nursing for 45 min. The LC suggested I pump and bottle feed to help Emelia get content. A hungry girl (which I had no way of knowing since I was nursing all.the.time) makes for a fussy girl! Also, we had not had any bm's since we left the hospital and on day 5, I gave her a suppository per the pediatrician. That worked for one time and she was still constipated. Two days later we did another and finally got things moving. Pediatrician called it a meconium plug. We had to supplement the pumped breast milk with formula and after figuring out that I couldnt keep up with our sweet baby and not having time for Emma Kate due to feeding, burping our reflux (#2) baby, getting her to sleep, and pumpimg it was time to start all over again and no time for anything else. We are now formula feeding and giving the last of the breast milk....yes, I feel guilty, but it makes us a happier family and now we can focus on the projectile reflux.
Emma Kate and I carved the pumpkin while the fuss pot watched (slept beside us.) We are getting better at managing our time and becoming a family of four. This momm is trying to enjoy being a stay at home mommy for three months :)














No comments:
Post a Comment