Friday, August 5, 2011

A HOT mess!

Well, I dont know about you, but I have been practically melting this summer. It has been so hot. It may have something to do with the fact that I am 7 months pregnant, but I think this summer has just been EXTRA hot. The heat index was something like 110 today and to me it felt more like 120, ha!


(I am 29 weeks in this picture and am now 30 weeks!)

My place of work did a Family Picnic at our local zoo. We had a great time. I will say, though, that even the animals were hot. They were staying out of the sun and just resting today. Emma Kate had a blast! She loves the zebras and the monkeys. We went to look for the monkeys and she told me, "They must be sleeping in the trees" because we didnt get to see them. I am just so amazed with how she thinks of things like this. She really is a little person who is learning so much. We also enjoyed watching a co-worker feed the giraffes. Emma Kate said she liked the baby giraffe, but the mama was just "too tall."






I have been missing lately because we have been steadily working on the nursery. We have made progress though. I have gotten most everything out of the room- as in our junk- and have even gotten some paint on the walls! Yay! Emma Kate made several efforts at "helping" me paint. She grabbed a paint brush and before I could even get it out of her little hand, she was already sticking it in can of paint. Oh boy. I got that all clean and then her little hand was making way into the can as well, so I decided to stop for the night. I am hoping to get that finished by the weekend and we are ordering beds tomorrow!




Life has been busy, but we are getting things done! Hope everyone is staying cool.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

It is getting there! I can't wait to see the room when it is finished! Try to stay cool! It has been SOO hot here, too!

Paige said...

You look fabulous!! Stay cool in this heat, it sure is terrible in Kentucky! I cannot wait to see the finish product of the nursery!