At the beginning of the summer, we decided to put Emma Kate into a gymnastics/ tumbling class to help her with her listening skills, some structure, socializing and just to have some fun! She has been doing pretty well considering she has never been in a structured class before, aside from the church class every Sunday.
I dont think she is a huge fan of doing all of the things in her class. She tells me every week when we go that she does not want to flip backwards because "that scawy (scary) mommy." I dont force her to do things if she is scared. I dont want to make her not enjoy the class. It does surprise me a bit because she has so much energy. I just thought she'd love it all! She does like the stretches, hopping back and forth, jumping on the trampoline and anything that deals with balance.
We are going to try a dance/ tap class in the Fall instead to see if she has more natural fun doing that. She loves music and loves to dance, so I think she will like this more. She can walk on her toes and by this I mean she curls her foot and basically walks on her toes. It is the most odd thing ever. I have tried it and almost broke my neck. I think that must mean she is going to do well at ballet. I loved it when I was a kid and I loved cheerleading, so maybe she will like that sort of thing more so than doing all the flips. I realize you tumble in cheerleading, but I preferred dancing and cheering. She takes the class with two of her friends, so that always gets her pumped up. We just want her to do what is fun, so we will see what happens!














3 comments:
Sounds fun! I have been debating putting Lucas in some kind of class, but I'm not sure what. At the beginning of summer I took him to an open gym at a gymnastics center and he loved it, but he loves playing soccer at home. I'm thinking it will be one of those two!
She really likes the social aspect of it. She is SUPER into music- as in we have to play in a band on a daily basis with her and everything to her is a drum. Trying to decide if there is a music class out there that would be worth it for her :) I hope Lucas finds something fun to do too.
Audrey loves her dance class! I bet Emma Kate will, too!
Post a Comment