Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Big Girl Bed and Bedding

Emma Kate went with me and my mom and aunt to look at furniture. We are going to go back one last time with my husband to make sure that we are ordering the right furniture, but I think we have finally made a decision. Emma Kate really likes the bunk beds, so we are going to go that route. They are two twin beds and we decided that we would have another bed for #2 and if they girls decided to share a room, we could leave the beds as bunk beds. If not, we will split them into two beds. Emma Kate's crib turns into a full size bed and we have another full size set that we are keeping that used to be in the guest bedroom. We just felt like the full size was too big for her right now.

She picked out her new bedding and it is so pretty. It is purple and green, so I wont have to repaint her room! Yay! I am more than thrilled about that. She has been sleeping with the new bedding for now on her toddler bed (daybed that her crib turned into) until we get the new beds. She was so excited about it that she said "It so pretty. I so excited, mama!" She started spinning in circles around in her room. I think we picked a good bedding. We had another one, but since we decided to get smaller beds, we returned it and when we did that is when she picked out this new pattern and I am more than happy that she did since she loves it so much!



We also got the baby's bedding. We were going to just use Emma Kate's again, but my mom offered to get it for us as a shower gift. Since she was willing to do that, I was more than grateful and decided we would go ahead and completely change up the look to the new baby's room. I love it! Its pink and black, so it is different than the pastel look we went for the first time. I am excited though and so was Emma Kate even about this room!




We are starting to pull some things together. I am starting to swell. It doesnt last because I have been drinking a ton of water and keeping my feet up, but I guess its expected in this heat. I am not complaining, but the first pregnancy and time of year that I carried Emma Kate was much easier than this time. I am more than happy that God has chosen to bless us with another baby, dont get me wrong. I just did not realize how SUPER HOT it was being a pregnant girl in the summer. Oh well. Only 11 more weeks until 40 weeks and 9 more to go to have this baby when I had Emma Kate! I cant believe how close we are!!


1 comment:

Paige said...

Adorable bedding!