Sunday, June 12, 2011

Almost 23 weeks!

Well, here we are at almost 23 weeks. So far, I am still feeling good. I have this pain in my tailbone that hurts pretty regularly. It hurts when I sit or move or walk. I have to keep adjusting to get comfortable. Sleep has started to get a little more awkward and for two reasons. For starters, it is hard to toss and turn. I have this pain in my upper legs kind of in the groin area. It is fierce and makes rolling over very apparent besides the big belly I have obtained. The other thing is, Emma Kate has been having some odd sleep patterns. I am thinking that part of it is because we have been super busy lately and she is getting to bed a little later. Then, when she is at her Mimi and Papa's and even sometimes our house or Nonnie and Boo-Boo's, she ends up not taking a nap. She will fall asleep in the car and is super grumpy and has meltdowns frequently. At night, she has been waking up almost like a newborn again. She gets up like every 20-30 min for about a 2 hr stretch. It has made this mommy a bit more tired and it hurts so bad to watch her have the meltdowns and for me to learn to deal with them properly without overreacting or having a tantrum myself! My patience level is not quite what it was and I am hoping that is the hormones. I just get so irritated by it and am hoping that will calm down. Could be that I am so tired.



We still dont have names picked out. Honestly, it isnt something that I have felt is necessary right now. With Emma Kate, we knew right away. This time, we are focusing on other things first and I am sure that will fall into place. We have started the nursery, so I am getting a little more less stressed about that. Just trying to get things out of what was the guest bedroom has been a task!

Here is some interesting info about the milestones of Baby Girl #2:

Much of your baby's development during the 23rd week of pregnancy focuses on preparing for her first real breath once she is born. Here's what's happening this week:

* Your baby weighs slightly more than a pound now, and she's about the length of an ear of corn.
* Your baby's lungs develop rapidly this week as they prepare for birth.
o Her lungs are producing a substance called surfactant that allows the lungs to inflate and deflate without collapsing or sticking together.
o Blood vessels in your baby's lungs also are growing and developing in preparation for breathing.
* Your baby is making breathing-like movements for practice, moving amniotic fluid in and out of her lungs.
* Although your baby is getting all of the oxygen she needs from your placenta, this practice is important for developing her diaphragm muscles.
* By your 23rd week of pregnancy, your baby actually looks like a baby. She still has little body fat and still is trying to fill out her wrinkly skin.

2 comments:

Regan said...

Hey! I had that same type of pain with E. I had to go to an OB certified physical therapist. It was caused by my hips being way way way out of alignment due to her positioning. Once I got it adjusted it was gone...I had to go back every few weeks until I delivered, but it was well worth it and insurance should cover it. Hope you get some relief soon.

Jenn said...

Oh wow. That is good to know. It is a miserable pain and I try not to complain too much, but it really does get quite uncomfortable.