Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend!

Well, I know it has been a little while, but things have been SUPER crazy and I am hoping that everything is just about to slow down again.

This weekend is such a great kind of weekend. Mother's Day. I have always enjoyed it, even before I was a mom. My brother and I went a few years ago (when I was pregnant, but did not know it yet) to this pretty park and river and took some pictures and bought my mom one of those digital frames. It was such a fun gift to give.

My husband went out of town on a boys weekend for a friend that is getting married. Emma Kate and I are trying to just enjoy a girls weekend. Last night, I went to a women's banquet at church. We had baked potatoes, salad and yummy strawberry shortcake with chocolate drizzle, yum! It was pretty and there were gorgeous flowers! I even got to bring some home.



Today, I have been cleaning up the house, watching girly movies and plan to go shopping later on. A friend of mine may be coming over to just have a girls night in. Tomorrow, we are going to celebrate with my mom and go to church and then welcome my husband back to celebrate with us. What a nice Mother's Day! I wish everyone who has a child a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!




"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

No comments: