Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Poor Baby!

This past weekend, Jerry and I had plans to go out of town (1.5 hrs away) for his aunts surprise birthday party. My mom offered to keep Emma Kate for us. Well, on Friday afternoon, she started getting a runny nose. I took her home after I got done with work and we played, had dinner, took a bath and she went to bed. Saturday, she still had the runny nose, but she kept playing like normal, so I thought she was just getting a cold or maybe since she is getting her last two teeth before her two year molars, maybe she was teething. We went ahead and went on with our "date night" (we went with his parents). We really had a great time and Emma Kate did fine! Whew, what a relief!


This was my husband acting goofy like he normally does



This was him acting normal like I told him to

On Sunday, Emma Kate was just not acting like herself, so we skipped church and stayed home to feel better. Monday, she was really not acting like her self. I took off work and then Monday night, she woke up crying, very congested and had this awful barking sounding cough.

This was Emma Kate playing, but just not being her self

I took her to the doctor on Tuesday to find out she has the Croup. YUCK, yuck and MORE yuck! Poor baby! She has just been miserable. She has been clingy and even after all this pain she has been in, she had to have a shot of steroids to help her get better faster.


I will return to work tomorrow and am hoping that she will be fine. I have been home with her the past three days and although it has been a LOT of work, it has been so nice to sit and hold my baby and just take time to breathe. I think this was God's way of slowing us both down and we sure did need it.

Jeremiah 29:12-14 "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity."

No comments: