Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blessed

I know that it seems like I complain all the time and quite honestly, I think that just started happening on my blog because this is so much like my online journal. Today is different. Today I am blessed.

At work, we were on a hiring freeze. I have been extremely stressed because I have had so many children on my caseload. Let me clarify why. I love the kids that I work with, with almost all my heart (I have to save some for Emma Kate and Jerry). I want to give them everything I possibly can. I want to find resources to help their family. I want to be a stress relief for moms that are just exhausted from crying and appointments and working hard. We have hired two more people and one that is permanent, so I am so thankful! Lately, I have been praying about it. I am learning to ask God for help and tell him what my worries are.

Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks- Philippians 4:6


I know that I am so BUSY all the time, but I know that I need to learn to take time to slow down.

Be careful not to forget the Lord- Deuteronomy 6:12 and Be still and know that I am God- Psalm 46:10

Today I have taken the time to slow down and have really made a special time to talk to Him. I have been slowing down over the past few weeks and what a difference it has made in my life! My prayers are being answered. I have just had to take the time to see it.

I have a great job where I can help others achieve goals that they may not otherwise have been able to do. It is so great to walk into a home where a child is 12 months old and still not sitting up and by the time I end services with them, whether they are 3 or 5, they are walking and talking! This does not always happen, but a change does. I am proud of myself, thankful for the peace I can provide people and amazed at how fun it can be to serve others.

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge- Psalm 62:8

2 comments:

Reid said...

And we are so blessed that you came into Corbett's life!
So glad you are getting some relief!

Leanne said...

I am so glad for you! I have been praying that you find some peace with your work and a nice balance! I have found that when I am most stressed out, the only way to work it all out is by spending time with God. Keep your chin up and know that a fellow working mommy is thinking of you and praying for you!