Monday, January 25, 2010

Big Steps!

I am so excited! We had started a new church back last spring and right when I really started to like it and was starting to be a part of it, Emma Kate started talking during the service. I just could not get the nerve to take her to the church nursery and leave her with people that I didnt know. She stays with my in-laws or my mama and dad and really, that is it besides my aunt. She doesnt know what it is like to stay with someone that she doesnt know. Anyway, this past Sunday, Emma Kate stayed in the church nursery all by herself! She was such a BIG GIRL. I am so proud of her because she did not even cry at all. She played with the other babies/ toddlers and when I came back to pick her up, she was showing me a toy telephone that they had which is like one of her toys. She just smiled and really seemed to enjoy it! Yay, so exciting!







There are other big steps going on around our house. Emma Kate weighed in at 21.6 lbs and is in the 70th percentile for weight; was in the 30th percentile for height, but I will have to check the sheet and get back to you on the length; and was in the 90th percentile with head (smart girl, ha!) The pediatrician was really excited because she said that "top heavy" babies (she has a big head) sometimes walk later. That was good to know, but hasnt slowed down our sweet girl. She started trying to walk at 9 months and really took off at about 11 months. Now she stoops to pick up toys and even makes U-turns :)

I hope you enjoy the random photos. I thought they were all cute and wanted to share them with everyone. Hope your week is going well so far. Tomorrow is Tuesday and I have a three day training this week. The weekend will be here before we know it and so will quality time with my family :)

No comments: