Thursday, December 31, 2009

Car Seats


We have got to get Emma Kate a new car seat. What kind do you use/ recommend? We like to get other peoples opinions on what you like/ dislike.

In other news, Emma Kate has a cold. This is only the second time she has ever been sick and it is pitiful. Her poor little nose is running and she is sneezing and coughing. The next worst part....I am starting to feel bad too. Hopefully the new year will bring us wellness!




4 comments:

Jenifer said...

We have 2 Britax Boulevards. They are pricey I know but are really great seats. We tried Ian in the First Years Brand and a few others before buying the Boulevards.

We liked the extra head protection wings the boulevard offered. DH liked the fact once the seat is installed and you need to raise the head supporrts/straps as they grow you dont have to uninstall the entire seat and move straps you just turn a handle.

Plus, we got one of our seats at Diapers.com for $195 with free shipping. And we used coupons at BRU for the other one and got it for $225. These seats usually run $300 each. Oh, and we have the new clic and safe model and it is not worth the extra $20 bucks. Mine was hard to use and I switched it out into Dh's car I couldnt get it to click and it was stressing me out.

All of our friends have Britax marathons. But DH and I wanted the safest mode of transportation and we were comfortable putting the money into the seats as they last 6 years. Good luck! Plus, they have tons of cute patterns for girls. None for boys, our seats are both black and grey but the girls seats are sooo cute!

Keep an eye out I hear February is the month for deals on these seats online and in stores.

Jenna said...

I posted on this a couple of months ago and spent endless hours researching and going to see carseats. In the end, we went with the Graco MyRide 65. I looked at every single seat on the market and this one fit our needs the best!

Regan said...

We have the Evenflo Triumph and I love it. It's easy to install, easy to adjust the straps, and very comfortable for Landon.

If I had my choice though and money was no option I would have bought a Britax Marathon. I am still hoping I can find one super cheap here soon because they have a higher weight rating, the Triumph only goes to 35 lbs and he is already 22 lbs.

Emily said...

I just randomly came across your blog but I wanted to comment about my daughter's carseat. When it was time for us to move her up to a bigger carseat we knew we wanted one that would be back facing and convert to forward facing. We also wanted one that had a high weight limit. We bought an Evenflo Symphony 65 and I LOVE it! It has the easiest latch system I've ever seen and it's even easy to install with seat belts. The weight limit is 100 pounds! We used it rear facing for a couple of months(until she turned one) and then we turned it around. I really love this carseat.