Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nana and Go Cocks!

Well, just about this time last year, Nana was not doing well at all. In fact, at the end of October, we were terribly worried about her and it only got worse as the holidays flowed in. She came home from the hospital just in time for Christmas Eve and honestly we still dont know how much time we have left with her, but I am so thankful for each moment that we do have. I was so happy when she got to meet Emma Kate and now I keep telling her that she has to be strong enough to keep holding on to watch all of her milestones.....(Ok, so at least all of her first big ones!)

We went to dinner for my little cousin's 9th birthday. Nana was being her normal goofy self. Check her out in this picture.



She looks like she is feeling better. They took her off oxygen and the feeding tube some months ago and that has made a world of difference for her!

Well, we play Ole Miss (#4) tonight and I have to say that I am a bit nervous. I used to get so excited when we played them because they were actually a team that we could beat on our tough schedule being in the SEC and all. Now, they are ranked #4?! Geez, our schedule just seems to get harder and harder. If we win this one, then you might just hear me cheering!



We will be taking Emma Kate to my mom's while we go to the game and my mom is so excited. She has been looking forward to football season because it is "their time together." Thursday night games are always so hard because of work the next day and now this year I have a baby too....oh boy. We will see how all this goes. I will let you know. Until then, g-g-o come on cocks let's go!


4 comments:

Reid said...

GO Cocks! Jealous you're going to the game, but glad ya'll can! Enjoy your night and let's hope we DO win!

Jenifer said...

I foudn your blog and just wanted to say I love the name Emma Kate. That was one of the names we had chosen had Ian been a girl! And I agree with you on the different changes and milestones they reach. Each one is as exciting and wonderful as the last. Ian now sits up on his own although we have only seen him do it once. But it is awesome. I am such a proud Mommy.

Leslie said...

Hey lady, I left something for you on my blog. :) http://www.lmstoehr.blogspot.com

Paige said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know that Emma Kate is adorable and you have a beautiful little family!