Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Mama"

Well, tonight Emma Kate was having dinner and had her sippy cup and practicing getting something to drink. Well, I picked up her plate and took it to the sink to clean it and get something to clean off the little one's face when this is what I hear. "Mama!" I look over and say "Yes, muffin?" Emma Kate looks at me and puts her little hands down. I look on the floor and she has dropped her sippy cup. I said "Oh, you dropped your cup." And she gives me this huge grin. We had our first conversation :)

Her first "word" was "mamamamamamama" and then she quit saying it for a while. Then she started saying it again and a week later learned to say "dada" I think it is because while we were at the beach, Jerry was so disappointed (not really) that she was saying mama that he had to get her saying daddy too. She also says "goo" and "babababa" and "gagagaga" I realize these arent real words, but it is so exciting. I spend most of my days at work trying to get young children to learn to babble and use words and am so proud that it is paying off with my baby!

6 comments:

Amanda Ledford said...

That is SOOOO EXCITING!!!!!!! Yay for both you and Emma Kate!

SweetPea said...

That is so exciting!!!!! Way to go Emma Kate!

Reid said...

AWeeeeeeeeeee how precious! I love how you responded without skipping a beat, and I squeel which makes Corbett retract a tad. :)
Congrats!!!

Steph said...

How exciting! I am glad she is going well. The talking is the best!!!

Steph said...

How exciting! I am so happy she said Mama. Its such a wonderful feeling!

Steph said...

Thats great news! Its an awesome feeling when they talk to you!