So, tonight I bathed, read a book and rocked Emma Kate to sleep. While I was putting her lavender lotion on her, I looked in her mouth and saw something a little different. So, I washed my hands and felt the bottom gums and I am pretty sure that I feel those teeth coming through. I just dont know what to think? My baby is growing up. YIKES? I went ahead and went through with our normal schedule and I rocked her to sleep. I could not take another night like last night (I did go in and check on her a few times last night, but that made her crying get worse) because it was just too much. Maybe I will try a modified CIO method, but for now, we are sticking to our normal plan and I am going to try other things like giving her teething tablets in the middle of the night and once she wakes up then, try and teach her to soothe herself back to sleep. I know it will be tough since I will be rocking her to start with, but honestly it is what is going to work for us right now. Meanwhile, I am going to get some books and read up on different methods and see if there is something I am willing to try now or to just wait and try in the future. Thanks to all of the suggestions. I know what I will need to do at some point, but we are going to try this way, see if it works and go from there. Thank you all so much for making me feel better. It was not a nice thing to know that others have had to hear their babies cry themselves to sleep, but it was nice to know that I am not the only mother who has had to stand by my baby and hear that pitiful cry and want nothing but to pick her up and rescue her and instead hear her cry. I am going to get ready for bed myself because who knows what tonight will bring. Thanks again!
No comments:
Post a Comment