Where on earth has all the time gone? Emma Kate is already a half year old as of July 17th!? Well, I guess that gives me 6 more months to plan her first birthday party. Ladonna, I hope you are reading this and going to help me out. I am ready to start planning now.
What is Emma Kate up to these days?
* She weighed 15lb 11 oz at her last appt a few weeks ago
* She loves to jump- in your arms (if you stand her up), in her jump-a-roo, wherever
* She giggles and laughs a lot
* She wears size 2 diapers
* She loves her mommy (she will smile and kick her feet when I pick her up in the afternoons after work. If I leave the room after work right when I get to pick her up, she cries for me. I have to admit that this just melts my heart)
* She thinks her daddy is a comedian. Seriously, he can make her laugh like no one else
* She reaches for everything in sight (check out her 6 month shot that I took)
* She is sitting up (sometimes she is a little unstable, but she is doing great)
* She reaches for toys outside of her comfort zone and even goes down head first! So, she is transitioning from a sit, just not in a smooth way ;)
* She makes a lot of "g" sounds and will say "mamamamama" but without meaning
* She wears some 3-6 but mostly 6-9 months
* She loves going for walks still
* She really likes her solids! She LOVES squash and will say "mmmm" the whole time she eats.
* She has tried her sippy cup, but has some trouble with it. We are still doing water in it. No juice yet. She doesnt know what it is, why give it to her?
* She has one tooth that has peeped through the skin and is getting a second right beside it.
* She is still not really allowed to watch TV, but has seen some baby videos and seems interested
* She likes to check herself out in the mirror.
* She does not like getting into her carseat, but is content once we get into the car
* She usually takes three naps around 9:30, 12:30 and 3:30 and goes to bed about 8pm.
* She is having a hard time sleeping for the first time in her life. (Even since the newborn days).
She is just plain exciting! I love to watch her grow into the beautiful little person that she is. Life couldnt be better!














4 comments:
She is gorgeous Jenn! =]
Hey girl...I would love with Emma Kate’s party. What theme are you and Jerry thinking about? There are some great ideas on Kelly's blog from Friday. Also, tell your cousin that she can do pin the wheel on the motorcycle and have a motorcycle with two holes cut out of the wheels and they can through bean bags through. She could also have a motorcycle piƱata.
Happy 6 months, Emma Kate! There are lots of exciting things coming your way very soon!
Emilia says "mmmmm" the entire time she eats too. It's so funny and so adorable!
At least Emma Kate is letting you know what she loves!
Post a Comment