Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Poor Baby!


Since Emma Kate slept in the same room as us on our trip this past weekend, I was able to hear things with her a little more closely and noticed that she had a cough. On Sunday night, when we were home, she sounded really congested, so I decided to take her in to the doctor on Monday. Turns out, the poor baby has the start of an ear infection and lots of drainage which is causing the cough. She was put on an antibiotic. I hate that she is sick and cant help but feel responsible. We do everything in our power to keep her well. We wash hands all the time, have everyone that visits sanitize their hands and keep hand sanitizer in her diaper bag for trips. She doesn't go to daycare, so we just hoped that she wouldnt get sick. Also, while she was being checked out, the pediatrician stated that she has TWO bottom teeth trying to come in! Oh wow?! I thought she was teething, but now we have it confirmed. Since she has been sick, we traveled and she is teething, our sleep has been limited. I hope I can make it at work these days!

3 comments:

Reid said...

Ohhh girl. It's hard seeing your baby sick, I know. but, you are NOT responsible! Kids get sick. It happens no matter what you do. And I am a firm believer in 'exposure helps them build resistence'. :) Hope your princess feels better soon!

Steph said...

I am sorry Emma Kate is sick, but honestly its good for her. It will help build their immune system. Randi had so many ear infections she had tubes put in at 5 months. Also, when Randi started teething it hunt so bad that she stopped sleeping through the night so be prepared for that. Hope she gets better soon and if you need anything let me know!

Night Owl Mama said...

Oh I hate it when little ones are sick I feel so helpless HUGS hope baby feels better soon