Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Going on a LONG drive...


Well, we are leaving to go to Bristol, VA this weekend for Jerry's Family Reunion. I am so mixed about how I feel about this. The reason is because we have never gone on any long trips (meaning out of town- shopping all day we have done ;) )with the little one. I am excited to get away and not worry about work or cleaning the house or any other chores that I have at home. I am nervous about the new chores that I will learn about while on a mini-vacation. Here are a few questions that I hope everyone can help me with:

* How many outfits do you pack for a 5 month old for a two day trip?
* Any suggestions in case she gets fussy in the car?


I hope everyone is able to enjoy their July 4th!! Happy Independence Day...I realize I am writing this early, but I just wanted to make sure I posted it in case I dont post again. I think I will though. I am getting better at managing my time. Now to learn to manage Emma Kate's sleep. She slept better when she was 6 weeks old. I am not sure what is going on? She gets up at 12am (for pacifier), 3am (to play??), 5am (to eat) then we get up at 6am to start our day and go strong. Whew, I am tired just typing this!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Good luck, I'm sure she will do fine. As for the car ride, I sang lots of songs to Bria which helped for awhile. But going over the mountains made her ears hurt so she cried it out for awhile. If only she liked a paci that would've helped!
I would say 4 or 5 outfits, although it depends how much she spits up :)
Have fun!!

SB said...

Good luck! We haven't traveled yet, but I'm sure you'll be great...a learning experience for sure :)

Alicia W. said...

New to your blog and your daughter is SOOOOOO precious!