Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Year Ago...

I had meant to write this on May 17th, but life got so busy that I was unable to get around to it. On May 17th a year ago, I got up and started thinking that I really needed to go and buy a pregnancy test. We had been trying, but every month the test said the same thing "not pregnant." On this Saturday morning, Jerry was working, so Belle (our dog) and I went to Rite Aid and purchased some digital tests. She sat patiently with me while I tested and when the results said "pregnant" I thought " OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!"



I was so excited, but in shock. I sent Sherry (babyburns) that I had met from The Nest an email telling her my results because she had just gotten a positive test herself. I knew she would be able to join in on my excitement. I was so excited, but couldnt tell anyone that I knew until I told Jerry. I had to wait all day for him to get home from work and when he finally got home, I had a cute gamecock onesie, a test and a bib that said "I love daddy" all in a bag for him.

It was the greatest day of my life...well until the day she was born! That was the beginning to a new life of ours and we couldnt be happier. It is a miracle how it all works and I thank God everyday for giving us this wonderful blessing!

1 comment:

L said...

Such a great story...thanks for sharing:)