The pediatrician said to start with one and then wait about three days and go on to the next. After we have gone through all the veggies, then we can start the fruits.
When did you start giving your baby veggies? I am just curious what age your baby was. I have also been looking into making baby food. If anyone has done this or has any good recipies (Reid- I think you are one of the great mommies that does this!) please send them my way.
Also, this is not really related to baby food, but I have really gotten slack on dinner time. My hubby is great and has been making dinner for us, but part of the problem is that I need good, quick and easy recipies. Please share :)














3 comments:
Awwww, isn't starting solids so fun?? So, your pedi suggested to do all veggies first? I've heard so many different things. Some say to alternate fruits and veggies, but I like the idea of doing all veggies first. We started with applesauce, then peas, then green beans, now we're on bananas. We'll prob do carrots next.
Now that it's so nice out DH likes to grill out a lot. I'm usually just responsible for the sides :)
I have really loved doing solids with Lucas! Our pedi also suggested doing all veggies first, then fruits. We started Lucas on veggies just under 5 months (I gave him some time to eat just cereal). This was our order: squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green peas, peas.
Now that we have gone through all of these veggies and he has tolerated them all, we are going to start doing fruits (6 months). We are going to start with bananas, then probably applesauce. I can't wait!
He has LOVED every veggie we've given him, which is so wonderful!
Good luck and have fun! I will send you an e-mail soon about the homemade veggies I've already tried.
YAY-you called me out! Yes, We did and do make our own baby food. I'll shoot you an email tonight about it. We LOVE doing it!
Post a Comment