Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy 4 Month Birthday!!



***UPDATE*** I forgot to post that she is in the 30th percentile for weight and weighs 12lbs 12 oz; 25th percentile for length and is 23.5 inches long; 30th percentile for head and her head is 16 inches, so this time, she is more proportionate. She has grown quite a ton since two months!!

Having a baby has made me the most happy I have ever been in my life. My little Emma Kate is the sunshine to my day. I am so grateful to be able to spend each day watching her get bigger and bigger. On May 17th, she turned 4 months old. I just cannot believe it! We went and had her 4 month shots. She got the "ok" to move forward with eating rice cereal. She has really already had rice cereal since she has such terrible reflux, so the biggest part of the change for her was trying it on a spoon. She opens her mouth real wide to take a bite and then once she gets it, she makes this face like it is not very tasty. It is just too cute.

She has been running fever and taking Tylenol because of the shots. My poor lil munchkin just isnt the same...Just look at this picture!


Where is Emma Kate with milestones?
* Rolls from tummy to back
* Tries rolling from back to tummy, but cant get her hip over
* Bites down on everything!
* Puts everything in her mouth, including her entire fist or two
* Reaches for everything
* Grasps ojects and puts them in her mouth
* Uses both hands in the midline
* Tries to hold her own bottle
* Takes things out of mommy's hands (for example, the burp cloth)
* Is trying to sit up (lifts her head off the floor)
* Likes going on walks with mommy and daddy in her jogging stroller
* Takes a long nap (1 hr) in the am and pm for mommy, but not really anyone else
* Giggles
* Likes to smile
* Loves her bunny with teething toy on the hands and feet
* Says "mamamama" with no meaning, but when she cries or wants something ;)
* Says boomboomboomboom- the cutest voice in the world!

These are the big things that I can think of. I will add more as I think of them.

We decided after a rough day to get the little one a jumperoo to cheer her up. So far she likes her new friends, the monkey and the bird :)






3 comments:

SB said...

aw, she is the cutest!!! If rice cereal doesn't work out try oatmeal! Audrey loves it and it's easier for her to poop :)

4 month shots were pretty bad :( I'm dreading 6 months....the older they get the worse it gets b/c they recognize pain much more quickly :(

L said...

She is so cute! I hate when they get shots, it makes them so sad. I am sure she will be back to her old self soon. & wow 4 months, great job Mom!

Vanessa said...

We did oatmeal as well - both of ours liked it much better than the rice cereal.
Emma is getting so big - and she's adorable. Your're doing such a great job with her!