Hey guys,
Those of you that are working moms, I need your help. My job is very demanding (I still really like it) and requires a great deal of my time. I do visits all day and then once I finally get home, I have to do all the paperwork- documenting patient records, contacting families, contacting doctors, etc that goes into it. With all that being said, I am staying up late every night and am really getting exhausted. I get home and want to spend at least the 3 hours that I can with my baby. Then once she is in bed, I want to be able to spend an hour or two with my husband. Once all that is done, it is close to 10 or 11 and I am just able to start paperwork and not finishing until 1am or 2am. Then I get up early the next morning to feed my baby and start my day again. It is so tiring and I need some suggestions! Thanks for any input.
Movie Review: You, Me & Tuscany
4 months ago














6 comments:
Great day girl! And I thought I went to bed late!!!
Well, maybe let J take care of Emma Kate for at least an hour (I know this isn't what you want to do) so you can do or start your paperwork??
again, I know not what you wnt to do but you also can't be exhausted for the little time you DO get to spend with her either.
Is there any way that you can do your paper work on the weekends or during lunch at work? I don't do ANYTHING during the week unless there's something special like report cards to get done. I try to do as much at school as I can. I get most of my work done on Sunday while Audrey naps. During the week we all get home around 5:30 and spend that time together playing, making dinner, watching TV, bath time, etc. We don't let her nap between then and bedtime (8:30-9:00). I'm probably in bed by 9-9:30 every night. I feel like we have a great balance going on. You're day sounds like it's way too long and that you're trying to fit too much in! I'd really try to avoid bringing that work home, or at least try to save it for the weekend.
Sherri,
I wish I could avoid bringing the work home. The problem is, I start work at 7:30am and dont get home until 5:00pm. I dont have a lunch break and I only have 30 minutes between each visit. I cant do the paperwork during the day because I am doing home visits with the children. Once I get home, I want to be with my baby and my husband and we are doing things together, but then I still have that paperwork that has to be done too. I am also working on the weekends. My job is VERY time consuming. This is why I dreaded going back so much. Not because I didnt want to work, but because I knew it would take up all my time. Thank you so much for the input. It is quite a struggle!
Wow! What a busy day! I wish I had some great advice. Hang in there!
Happy Mother's Day.
~Marci
Wow girl you are going to break your body down fast at this pace. My suggestion would be to designate certain days of the week for paperwork and the other for family. If you can't save it all for the weekend then make for example tues, thurs paperwork nights and mon, wed, fri family nights. The nights you are doing paperwork can be Jerry's daddy and emma time together. I know you want to spend time with her also but you need to break and make the balance work or its going to come crashing down on you. I promise she will not love you any less for not spending as much time with her 2-3 days a week.
Good luck and happy momma's day!
Hi Jenn,
You sound like one busy momma!! I remember reading that you would have three days a week to work with families and the other two days to do paper work, meetings, and office duties. Is that still the case or has your caseload filled up to five days? If you still have those days to do paper work, is there any way you could have someone watch Emmak Kate while you get the paper work finished? That way you can get it all finished and have your evenings with Emma Kate.
I understand feeling like you don't have much time with your baby girl! I am working full time and getting my Master's in Teaching. I have spent at least one night a week away from Lucas since I've been back to work. Plus, right now I work for a college where I have quite a bit of night and weekend work.
Our schedule is pretty crazy most nights, too, and I have really had to lean on my husband for help! Truly, he is the only thing that has kept me sane through all of this and he does a great job with Lucas!
All I can say is, make the most of the time you have with Emma Kate whenever that time is!! She loves her mama and always will! Make the most of the moments you have...those are the only moments Emma Kate will remember! I promise! :)
As for you and your own sanity and health, is there any way you could have a whole day off during the week to make up for your work on the weekends? For your own sanity, you really need a break!! Good luck and keep us posted!
Post a Comment