Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mommy's Day!

I have always wanted to be a mommy, and secretly have always wanted a little girl to dress up. It is so hard to believe that I am living my dream. Emma Kate is my heart and soul and I could not ask for more than having her and a wonderful husband. Today has been just perfect. Emma Kate has given me her cutest smiles and has wanted to cuddle most of the day. Jerry and Emma Kate picked out the cutest charm bracelet and little girl to go on it with her birthstone on the dress that the girl is wearing. How sweet?! AND the best part is they picked it out all by themselves. I cant wait until I can wear it :) (the charm has to be added and that takes a week. ugh. when did i become so impatient?)

Church service was much better this morning. No falling down, thank goodness and everyone now knows us as the two that fell down. All of the moms got to stand up and you wouldnt believe just how proud I felt to stand up to call myself Emma Kate's mommy. Oh and dont let me forget to say that we sort of dressed alike today. Ha, too funny!


After church, we spent time with my mama and nana and then some time over at Jerry's parents.

I hope all the moms out there had a great Mother's Day and all of those who are trying and havent had your opportunity to become a mommy yet, I am praying for you. A special prayer is being said for my dear friend, Amanda. She has a special place in my heart because last year we found out we were pregnant just two short weeks apart, only there were complications with her pregnancy and she ended up miscarrying. My heart breaks for her at this time of year and I cant wait to tell her Happy Mother's Day some day!

No comments: