Well, this week is quickly coming to an end and on Friday I have a meeting to officially start back to work. Also, today in the mail, I received two (scratch that, 5!!) new referrals so it is all beginning to become a reality. I am looking forward to returning to see the families and am just hoping that the babies remember me, but I sure am going to miss my baby! I am an Early Intervention Specialist. What is that you ask? To clarify my position, I work with children with developmental delays or special needs or preemies that are born who are likely to develop delays. I love my job. It is a wonderful thing to be able to help turn a frazzled family into one that is able to see their child succeed in things that so many once may have said would never happen. When I go in a home to meet a new family, it is great to be able to hear the story and know that I may be a part of a changed life! These families may have had something go wrong during their pregnancy or a genetic disorder, something caused the baby to come earlier or a diagnosis which wasnt expected. My job is to help the family gain resources to help them to understand what is going on with their child as well as doing activities with these babies ranging in age from birth to age three to help the child reach developmental milestones and to teach the family things to do to help their child. There are so many other things that go into my job, but needless to say it is very rewarding! I am going to miss Emma Kate, but know that she will be safe with my in-laws and other family members who have mentioned wanting to keep her from time to time. I will be doing visits three days a week and paperwork, meetings and office duties (from home) the other days, so Emma Kate will be able to be with me then. I look forward to hearing how you dealt with leaving your baby when returning to work.
PS. I bought my first lottery ticket today....maybe I can stay at home after all ;)














2 comments:
She is so, so cute! Enjoy your last few days :) I promise it's not that bad!!
You Do have an amazing job and I am VERY glad you do what you do! My little man has come a long way because of you! I am selfishly glad you came back to work! Hope he does well for you today! Can't wait to hear and see your wonderful notes! Oh, and he's got three teeth so be careful! Not that you stick your fingers in his mouth but just wanted to brag about that little fact! :)
Post a Comment