Thursday, April 9, 2009

Big Girls Dont Cry

The person who said that big girls dont cry apparently never had to leave their baby to go to work. I have already been crying all morning because of the thought of waking up each morning only to hand my baby over to someone else. This is going to he a long, hard road!

Please, give me strength! I have heard that in Canada they have a year long maternity leave...maybe we should move. (I'm seriously joking!)

PS. I am either in one's home most of the day or in my car, so I dont really have a desk to put her pictures on. Are there any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

IPOD! or a small photo album from Michaels that you can keep in your purse or glovebox

Ashley said...

Awww, That sucks. I'm sorry your having a hard time. =[

Leanne said...

I do have a desk job most days, but I also spend some time traveling. I have a photo album in my car with pictures of my boy. I also talk about him to anyone who will listen! :)

I think it takes courage to be a working mom- that's what I tell myself every morning! You are teaching your baby girl so many valuable lessons by working! That right there should give you strength!!

I was worried about "turning my baby over" to (in my case) strangers, but it has been a wonderful experience. Lucas LOVES his daycare and his teachers, I know your girl will love being with her family! I was also worried that I'd lose my connection with Lucas. I am here to assure you that our bond is just as strong, if not stronger! The time we spend together now is so much more valuable to me and we make the most of our nights and weekends!

I know this is long-winded, but I want you to know that you are not alone. We have all been right where you are. It isn't easy, but you can do it. We (all the working mothers) are right there behind you!!

One more thing- you have an amazing and rewarding job! Hold on tight to that- you are not only doing what you need to for your family, you are also helping so many other children and families!!

I'll be thinking of you next week! If you need anything at all, please let me know!!

Jenn said...

Wow, Leanne! That really just made my day :) Thank you!