Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Little Small For My Britches


Everyone has been commenting on how small Emma Kate is, so I thought I would write about it. She is a tiny little thing. She is probably closer to 10 pounds now, but was only 8.13 at her 2 month visit and she will be 3 months old on April 17th. Wow, this time just keeps going so fast. I feel like once I had a baby, my world sped up. She is in newborn clothes still, but can wear some of her 0-3 months. We are actually starting to move into those now. She is still in newborn diapers, but I think we will move up to 1-2's after this pack is used up. She is growing and is still putting food down pretty well. She eats about 4 oz's with a Tsp of rice cereal. That does seem to be helping with her spitting up, so kudos to Dr. Rickenmann and my Maw-maw. The size certainly hasnt bothered her development and I am SO PROUD.

We tried this picture three times when we went out to dinner for Jerry's birthday with his parents. This was funny, so I thought I'd post.
Yesterday, I did an assessment on her (for those of you that dont know, I am an Early Intervention Specialist, so development is a big deal to me) !! She scored well in all domains with no delays. I was a little disappointed in one area that talked about rolling over and it said that children can start doing this at 2 months. She has not and I am not upset that she hasnt, just upset of all the firsts I am going to miss when I go back to work. BUT, last night when I was about to bathe her, I had her laid out to take off clothes, etc and she rolled to her side from back to side!! Holy cow! I know that babies are supposed to roll from tummy to back first, but I was just excited to see some movement like that. Dont get me wrong, if she starts rolling, she is growing up, but life is life. Well, I am currently being kicked in the side by a little one that wants my attention, so until next time...

4 comments:

Reid said...

Holy cow she's growing up! And who am I to 'talk' about tiny babies! I think she's right on track and perfect! And LOVE that 'little black dress' onsie! Where on earth!?
Also, it just occured to me that your profession could help w/ her development but could also 'hurt' meaning that you, of all people, KNOW what babies should be doing b/c of your assessments. I'd be obsessed! *wink* Oh, and Corbett is babbling now! :)

Jenn said...

Yep, the poor little girl doesnt have a chance. She will be assessed way too often, poor thing!

Ashley said...

hehe, I love the picture of her with her arms raised. It reminds me of something my mom does with Madie. "How big's the baby? Sooooo big!" =]

We have the little black dress onesie too...but it's for 6-9 months. I can't wait for her to wear it!

Steph's Stories said...

Hey - don't worry about her size. Randi is 10 months old and is just getting into her 6-9 month clothes and can still wear 0-3 month shorts. God made great things is small packages.