Well, Monday I had a day of paperwork and gathering charts, but yesterday was my first full day away from Emma Kate. I cried a bit right before dropping her off at the in-laws, but for the rest of the day I did really well. Saying good-bye was pretty difficult at first. I gave the little sweetie a big hug and kiss and we said our good byes. The rest of the day was so busy between driving to my visits and making sure that I did not schedule any time (not even a lunch break) in between visits so that I did not have time to think about being away from my sweet baby. The day went by faster than I thought and as soon as I got to the in-laws to pick her up a huge storm was coming through. That didnt stop me. I dont think anything could have stopped me at that moment from walking into those doors to sweep my baby up into my arms. Holding her that very moment made my heart melt and made me realize that the first TRUE work day was behind me. I had accomplished what I thought would never happen. I had made it all in one piece. The rest of the night I held on to her tightly. We laughed and cuddled and smiled and enjoyed every minute of being together. Half of the first work week is now behind us and I couldnt be happier!
Movie Review: You, Me & Tuscany
4 months ago














1 comment:
Yay! I am so happy that it turned out to be an okay day for you! It will get easier from here!! You will always miss Emma Kate like crazy, but you'll start to find your step! Have a great rest of the week...and have a wonderful weekend soaking up you sweet girl!
Post a Comment