I am not sure, but I think I forgot to post about this. Emma Kate has been a pretty fussy baby at certain periods of the day for a long time, but we always blamed it on the reflux. Until every single night at the same this little girl started having a seious fit. I am not sure how familiar you are with colic, but let me tell you, IT.IS.AWFUL!! I love her to death and am in no way blaming her. Gosh, I feel terrible for her, but the screaming is hard to handle at times. I swear I am going to write a book on dealing with a crying baby, though, because some of the things I have tried really work. In case you are dealing with a fussy baby try some of these things:
* movement- move non-stop, rock, bounce, horsey type ride on your leg, swing in your arms (think big swinging)
* hair dryer- yep that's right. Turn that bad boy on and if you are lucky enough and have a motion glider or swing, put the baby in it in addition to turning on the hair dryer! This is amazing! Vacuums and washing machines also work due to the loud sounds the baby is used to hearing in the womb.
* mylicon drops- give these after every feeding
* bath- give a warm bath and if the baby is still crying, leave the water running (with baby tub inside of large tub)- again, it is the loud noise
* swaddle- once all of the above steps have been taken, then swaddle and put to bed (after baby is calm).
These are my main tips. If your baby or one you know has colic, what things did you do to help calm them?
I had to post this picture because if you look at the one at the top of the post and then this one, they were taken about two seconds apart. It is so funny the mood swings that babies go through!














2 comments:
Poor you! I am in the process of reading Happiest baby on the Block! It has some great tips too! Good luck and hopefully this stage won't last too long!
Audrey has this and I'm right there with you...it's torture! I hope it goes away for both of us soon!
Post a Comment