Well, we are now at three weeks. Can you believe it? I just cant believe how quickly time is passing by. The breastfeeding is still going. I wouldnt say great. I have tried becoming an exclusive pumper, but my supply is not that great, so I am still having to supplement with formula and I attempt nursing any time that she will make the effort. She hasnt been feeling so well today...or at least that is my opinion. She has been spitting up or possibly throwing up. I called the pediatrician to make sure it isnt reflux. I am to monitor her feedings and see if it continues or gets worse.
She is not on a schedule yet. She usually eats about every 2 hours during the day and then will sleep about 4 hrs for part of the night and then 3 the next part of the night. Last night was a different story. She was up every 2 hours and it takes about an hour to feed, burp, etc, so that means 1 hour of sleep here and there for me. Since Jerry went back to work during week 2, I have been getting up with her during the night. Once I go back to work (BIG HUGE SIGH!!!!) we will both be getting up with her, unless of course, I am able to nurse only, but I dont see that happening because she has such a hard time latching. I did visit a lactation consultant and will be attending a La Leche meeting this week to see if they can offer any advice. Needless to say, I am really giving this my all. And believe me, I am still VERY SORE!!














3 comments:
Hang in there! At 3 weeks I was pumping just to keep up with her, but it got much better during week 4. She is too cute!!
I am so happy for you and I know you are trying hard! :-)
She is absolutely precious!!!
Oh she is just adorable hun. I'm sorry breastfeeding is a struggle, hopefully she'll learn to latch on better for you.
Post a Comment