Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2 Week Well Visit

Well, today we went to see the pediatrician. Looks like our little Emma Kate is back up to 6lbs 3 ozs and she was 6lbs 4 oz at birth. I guess the nursing is working, but I cant help but still be a little skeptical about it. The worst part is the unknown- how much milk she is actually getting. Since she is now refusing formula when I try and supplement, the pediatrician said just to continue on with nursing and if she loses weight or does not gain at all in another week and a half, then we will make new decisions at that point, but currently she is doing well. Also, she passed all the newborn screenings which were done in the hospital :) According to the pediatric office, she was 19 inches long today. I found that odd because she was 19.5 inches long on the day of birth...so I am not sure which number was wrong, but I feel confident that both the pediatricians office and the hospital did a good job with making measurements. Her head circumfernence was 13 3/4, which I am not really a whole lot sure about. Her belly button looks really good. No shots were given today due to the Hep B being done in the hospital, but apparently on the 2 month visit, shots will be given. Poor little thing. Overall, Dr. Rickenmann was very impressed with our Emma Kate and said that her color looked great. It was so exciting to get such a great report! Please pray that the nursing continues to go on and that our little one will continue to gain weight. She is just a little thing, but her mommy and daddy arent so big either :)

No comments: