Well, our little Emma Kate is one month old. I realize I am posting this a few days late, but give a new mom a break, right? She is doing really well. I am still pumping and now taking Fenugreek and drinking Mother's Tea to increase my supply. Emma Kate's upper lip has a really hard time latching properly when nursing, so for me pumping has been easier. When I say easier, I say it very lightly. She is getting breastmilk just like I wanted although until my supply really increases, she is also getting some formula (yuck, yuck, and more yuck!). Pumping is pretty difficult as I still do that as I would be feeding her, so it is every 2-3 hours and on top of that I am still feeding her, obviously. So basically, it is double the work, but SO WORTH it!
Milestones: Emma Kate is tracking well, trying to lift her head when over the shoulder and slightly trying to pick up her head during tummy time. Emma Kate is also turning her head from side to side and localizing sounds. She is currently eating every 2 hours and sometimes will hold off that third hour. During the night- well, we are working on that one. As of Wednesday, February 18th, Emma Kate weighed 7.2 and is 19 inches long, so the 19.5 that she was at birth must have been wrong. She is eating anywhere between 2.5-4 oz of breastmilk or formula.
Emma Kate has reflux and is having to take Zantac. She is having a hard time calming herself at night on her on and really likes to be held, so sleep for me has been non-existent, which I knew would happen, just didnt realize that it would be to the extreme that it has been. Most of this is more than likely related to her reflux. After talking with her pediatrician, we are going to try Soy formula when supplementing and if that still doesnt work, we are going to try adding Prevacid daily as well. I just hate having to give her all these meds and formula when I had planned (planning has been a hard thing to do with a baby, by the way) on just nursing and no problems. Boy was I wrong. Type A personalities are hard to have when you have a baby. You dont just plan and follow through. It is all trial and error!!
Happy One Month Birthday Emma Kate!














1 comment:
Happy Birthday Emma Kate! You are too cute! Please be a good baby and try to get some sleep for your mommy!!! :-)
Post a Comment