Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Husband is Nesting!

Well, we are super excited about Emma's arrival date getting closer and closer. The funny thing is, the whole time I have been pregnant, my neighbor said that he had "sympathy symptoms" when his wife was pregnant. I kept telling Jerry that I felt deprived because he didnt have any of that going on. He told me that I shouldnt feel too bad considering I didnt really have any major symptoms going on either (No morning sickness what-so-ever). Well, guess what? It has finally kicked in.

For months I have been telling him that I wanted to re-do things around the house and make it more of our home since we have been living in our house for almost 4 years now. Normally, we are so busy with entertaining that instead of focusing time on decorating our home and making it what we really want, we are hanging out with friends. We are still hanging out with our friends, but Jerry has been working alot of overtime and I have kept busy with my job as well trying to make sure that all of my caseload is perfect before I go on maternity leave. Well, anyway, long story short, we are officially doing new things to our home and I am pretty sure my husband is nesting! Last weekend we went on the furniture shopping spree and this weekend we have spent our time decorating the house. I am so excited. It is almost like moving into a new home :)

Along with getting new furniture, we are now painting the kitchen and adding chair rail. It is so beautiful and I am just excited. I know what you are thinking, "Let us see pictures." Ok, I promise to get on that uploading pictures thing. Just let me get through a few more charts for work (yes, on a Sunday) and then I will do that. I cant really post the kitchen pictures nor furniture pictures yet though. The house is currently out of commission as we are painting as I type. Pictures soon!

No comments: