Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Full Term!!

Well guys, yesterday marked full term for us! We are just thrilled to pieces. We had another babyshower this past weekend and it was so special. My best friend, Bridget, and her mom were the hostesses. It was so much fun and I had a blast getting to spend time with some of my closest friends and family to celebrate our new arrival in just 19 short days....well, that is our due date at least. So, we have just about everything that we need. Emma's bag is all packed and mine is half way packed. The only reason I stopped packing was because the robe took up most of the room in the bag and I ran out of space and gave up. A 9 month pregnant chick trying to sit in the floor and pack is not the most comfortable thing. I know that it has to be done, so dont worry...it will get done.

In more news, I am 1cm dilated and my cervix is getting soft. I was hooked up to the monitors and am having light contractions, but nothing to rush to the hospital over. That is somewhat good news. I am so excited and so ready to meet our little Emma, but work still has me slightly stressed and I would like to finish up some more things before we get too anxious about meeting our new little one.

SO, we DID get NEW furniture! We got a new dining table and chairs. It is expresso (same color as Emma's furniture really) and it is the new higher table. I really like it! We also got a new chocolate colored leather couch which reclines, a recliner, and a loveseat that also reclines along with two new end tables and a new coffee table! Now, we need to get some new pillows for the couches and some more home decor for the coffee table. At least we have all new furniture and are prepared and ready in that department for the arrival of Emma.

**We all know how terrible I am with uploading pics. I will get to those....hopefully before Emma decides to make her arrival! HA

2 comments:

Lulu said...

How exciting that you got new furniture! It all sounds gorgeous and I can't wait to see pictures.
Ok, so Baby Wise. The main focus is getting your baby on a schedule of eating, then playing, then sleeping. This will help them go to sleep on their own and not count on being fed in order to sleep. They talk about not feeding your baby every time they cry since they may be crying for a different reason. But also not letting the clock rule feeding time. It's a mix of both listening to the babies cry and juggling if it is about time for a feeding. Obviously there are times when the baby goes through grow spurts and eats more often so you don't want to strictly go by time. Anyway, that's a little bit about it. I just like the flexibility of it, it doesn't tell you to do A, B, and C, it really encourages be flexible and getting to know your baby and setting a routine that works for your family. I really like it.

Vanessa said...

You're getting so close...it could be any time now! I remember being so surprised when Lily came at 37 weeks. I'm excited for y'all!!