Hi everyone. I have not gone MIA. Again, Nana was put into the hospital on December 2nd. On December 3rd, her blood pressure dropped real low and she had a heart attack. She was then placed into ICU. Things started to look better and she was placed into another room and then all of a sudden, she wanted to drink some water and told my mom she was having trouble swallowing. Turns out, she had a stroke and that was the most miserable day I have ever experienced in my life. I actually witnessed the aftermath of the stroke several more times that day and just to have to watch her go through that pain was devastating. The doctors and nurses told us that day to go ahead and expect to see her last breaths. She had all the signs of passing. It was just the most difficult to have to go through. On Thursday, she started to perk up a bit. She was talking and alert. On Friday, the PT came in and had her sitting in a chair for two hours. Yesterday, she seemed to be a little "down in the dumps" but the good news is, she really seems to be pulling through. I cannot believe it and am so afraid of getting my hopes up. I dont want to lose her, but I dont want to see her suffer either. The doctor yesterday said that our goal is to get her home for Christmas. Wont that be a miracle!? I took a miniature Christmas tree and some stockings and Christmas music up to the hospital to hopefully bring her spirits up! Please continue to pray for my nana. My family and myself really appreciate all the prayers that have been coming through so far!
1 comment:
Oh Jenn I am so sorry to hear about your Nana. I'm glad she pulled through and is doing better though, she'll be in my prayers along with your family.
Post a Comment