Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rest peacefully


So ever since I have gotten pregnant, the reality of becoming a mommy has really hit me hard. There are mornings when I get up and wonder, did the night really end? The reason I say this is because I feel like I have gotten absolutely no sleep. Between potty breaks, being uncomfortable and tossing and turning and just lying in bed thinking, thinking, thinking, the sleep that I used to love, will never be the same. Dont get me wrong. I am in no way complaining, just saying that there is so much responsibility that is placed on a mother even from the moment of conception. Of course there is responsibility for the father as well, but the woman starts changing her life the moment she sees those two pink lines on the pregnancy test. A woman may have to give up caffeine, fish, core exercise, deli meat (although this is one of my cravings and I do admit to eating it once or twice a month not heated, YIKES!) alcohol, and just all in all be more conscience of everything that is put into her system. I keep hearing all these stories about how Jerry and I will not get much sleep the first couple of months and if we can make it past 3 months, then we are in the clear, but the anxiety is really starting to build. So, I open my email today and I subscribe to a daily scripture. Well, this is the one that I received, so I am going to try my best and just relax and hand it over to the man above. I know that the next 3 months may be the most sleep that we can get in a while, but if sleep is my biggest sacrifice to enjoy the pleasures of watching a young baby become and adult, I think I can handle it.

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe. At day’s end I’m ready for sound sleep,
For you, God, have put my life back together.

Psalm 4:8 (The Message)

Are you plagued by worry–to the point that you lie awake at night? The secret to peaceful sleep is to look away from your anxieties and focus on the Lord. Tell your fears to him.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I defiently got invited to your blog at the right time. The scripture you posted but my thoughts at ease. Thanks for that.