Well, we have all heard the dreadful stories of the glucose test. I went yesterday nervous as could be and really didnt sleep well the night before. It was all for nothing. I went in, got weighed (what joy that I get to step on scales every three weeks, haha), checked my blood pressure, they measured my belly, we listened to the heartbeat, got a urine sample and then ta-da, they handed me the big orange drink. Everyone kept telling me that it was disgusting and hard to get down, yada, yada, yada. It was basically just like a SunKist drink. Not too bad at all. I asked the nurse and my doctor should I chug it or sip it. The dr. said to just drink it as if I was taking a shot, so I turned up the cup and down the cold drink went. It really wasnt that bad at all. During the hour wait, I finalized the shower list for the November shower. It was really hard to do because I want a mix of friends, family and friends of family, but dont want to invite too many because I am having another shower in January. After the hour was up, they drew my blood (I have a big bruise yet again) and said that if I fail, they will call me in the next couple of days. Please keep your fingers crossed that I dont fail because I cannot handle going for three hours and having my blood drawn twice on each side in the same place, no way!
1 comment:
Good luck! I'm sure you'll test fine. I had such a sweet tooth during my pregnancies, that I just knew with both Lily and Joshua that I was going to fail the glucose test - but they were fine!
Post a Comment